The Right Honourable Rishi Sunak Chancellor of the Exchequer delivered his budget statement to the House of Commons outlining the UK’s Net Zero Strategy, indicating:
- The ambitious UK Net Zero strategy is also an innovation strategy, investing £30bn to create the new, green industries of the future.
- The UK become the 3rd largest issuer of sovereign green bonds with the issuance of it’s 2nd green bond
- London recently named the best place in the world for green finance.
- The new UK Infrastructure Bank announced its first ever investment with £107mn to support offshore wind in Teesside.
- The Rt Hon Rishi Sunak will be hosting global finance ministers and businesses at COP26
Sectors: Buildings, Cross cutting, Finance
Country / Region: United KingdomTags: Banks, bonds, citizens, green bonds, green finance, green industries, industry, Industry Regulators, infrastructure, innovation, Institutional Investors, National Regulators, offshore wind, SMARTER, specific financing mechanisms, Supranational Regulators, wind
In 5 user collections: Green Home Investment Platform – Industry Regulators , Green Home Investment Platform – National Regulators , Green Home Investment Platform – Supranational Regulators , Green Home Investment Platform – Institutional Investors , Green Home Investment Platform – Banks
Knowledge Object: Web Resource
Author: The Right Honourable Rishi Sunak MP