Spain launched it’s first ever green bond to finance environmentally sustainable projects and meet growing demand across the capital markets for sustainable finance. The 20-year €5bn note saw demand of €60bn largely from foreign funds and insurers. 25% of investors were from France and Italy while 20% where from Germany, Austria and Switzerland and 4.1%. from North America.
Sovereign green bond syndications continue to grow in Europe, including:
- EU: launches €800bn Next Generation EU Programme via green bonds
- Germany: recently has its fourth green bond auction
- Britain: coming to the market with green bonds on 20 September.
- Italy: green bond debut in March saw the largest-ever order book for green bonds
- France: green bond issuance earlier in the month helped push Europe to record of green bond syndications
Country / Region: Europe, SpainTags: Banks, bonds, capital markets, citizens, economic capital, funds, green bonds, Industry Regulators, Institutional Investors, National Regulators, projects, SMARTER, specific financing mechanisms, Supranational Regulators
In 5 user collections: Green Home Investment Platform – Industry Regulators , Green Home Investment Platform – National Regulators , Green Home Investment Platform – Supranational Regulators , Green Home Investment Platform – Institutional Investors , Green Home Investment Platform – Banks
Knowledge Object: Web Resource
Author: REUTERS (Bahceli, York)